adam-HWz0d

Electro-Harmonix Classics USA Big Muff PI Distortion / Sustainer Guitar Effects Pedal

My set up: Marshall MG30 DFX > Ibanez CS-9 > Ibanez PT-9 > EH Big Muff > Ibanez TS-9 > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Epiphone SG G400. The pedal on its own and while its running through other pedals makes absolutely no noise. Im using it with my Marshall MG30 DFX and it sounds crap while its on the distortion channel. The distortion on my amp is crap anyway, So I dont know if that is why the Big Muff Sounds crap. It does however sound great on the clean channel, With the Bass and Treble both set to 12 o'clock. Plugged straight into the amp, This pedal gives a warm, fuzzy tone, Which isnt really that good for pinch harmonics, tapping etc. The Big Muff works amizingly well with the Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, The combination of the two is great for metal guitar and bass.

If I was ever to play a gig, Id definatly use this pedal, with no need for a back up. The metal casing looks a little flimsy in comparison to pedals like the Ibanez 9 series, But it looks tough and durable.

General Comments

I mostly play metal and this pedal is perfect for it.

If it were stolen or I lost it, Id buy another one straight away.

The only things I dont like about this pedal are the input jacks on the top instead of the sides, Whats all that about? and the input jack for the power supply, Instead of being the standard AC one on pretty much all pedals, Its the electro harmonix one, I hate it.

Other than those two things, This is a great pedal that Id recomend to anyone.