Scott Bowman--rxOQ

Schecter Guitar Research Hellraiser C-7 Electric Guitar

The sound is amazing on this thing these pick ups are SO STRONG. Honestly, the pickups are WAYYYYY way way better than my previous guitar which had humbucker Seymore Duncans. I am an all-round musician and listen to the whole spectrum of music, not just metal. When I play clean on this thing, the pick ups are so loud and can sound beautiful and blues-y. You really can play any style of music on this thing. The only thing I will say is that they could use a little more treble, I don't know why, and maybe this has something to do with the strings, but it could use a little more brightness. But thats always something an amp setting or EQ pedal could completely take care of. Of course, like everyone says, since this thing IS handcrafted by Satan himself, it does BEG to play metal, and it does a FINE job at doing so. Pinch harmonics on the low string are just insane, sweeping and tapping and shredding is very comfortable on this guitar. The pick ups sustain the notes for soooo long too , just perfect for soloing.

This thing definitley can withstand live playing, the finish like I said is so glossy that it is impenetrable and is here to stay. I can't imagine it every wearing with lots of playing. The strap buttons are built on there like a rock, and I would totally use this guitar without any kind of back up and expect that it would do just fine. The thing is heavy as hell, it weighs at least 10 pounds, which makes it just feel durable.

General Comments

I have been playing guitar for 10 years now and I own 2 other electrics: a Fender Strat and a Hamer Californian, and 2 acoustics: a baby Taylor and an extremely nice Breedlove. I play this thing through a Crate GFX-212 and also through a 4x12 crate cabinet. I take music very seriuosly and have played with many bands and shows. I also recently auditioned at Central Michigan University school of music for jazz guitar.

I love and appreciate all styles of music, anywhere from Dream Theater to Opeth to Meshuggah to Beethoven, Mozart, then even to Incubus, 311, Avril Lavigne Paramore everything. And this thing can play it all. If it were stolen, I would stab to death to whoever took it with a trident and buy it again instantly.

The only thing I can say that needs improvement on it is a LITTLE bit brighter tone on the pickups for the clean stuff, and a LITTLE bit thinner neck. When buying 7 strings, you should accept the fact that all 7 string necks are going to be noticeably bigger than 6 string necks. This one is not bad at all, but not as thin as an Ibanez 7 string. However the sound and the look of this thing surpasses Ibanez by a million miles in my opinion. Don't let anyone tell you that if you have small hands that you should give up hope, because it really only takes about 2 weeks to adapt completely, and i don't have the biggest hands. The whole concept of having that extra 7 string is going to turn your whole world completely upside down for a little bit, but it is beautiful once you understand how to utilize it well. I use the 7th string not only for metal (chugging riffs, pinch harmonics) but for extended scales and chords. But really, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being thin and 10 being super thick, id say the neck is a 6. It is thick, but nothing you can't handle if you know how to play guitar. I've played way worse. Ive even played worse 6 strings where the neck is just too thick. My favorite thing about this guitar is the beast factor. It just looks like a beast. It looks like it is going to wake me up in the middle of the night and murder me. The paint job and finish is just spectacular and the fretboard just looks so massive, when people watch you play it, it looks like you are taming a wild, wild animal. Like I said earlier, it is PERFECT for playing metal (even tho it can play everything), and it was handcrafted by Lucifer to perfection. It is a mammoth.