kihon

Rocktron VooDu Valve On-Line Guitar Multi Effects Processor

I use an american strat with a duncan hot rails in the bridge. I use this processor for practice in my living room by running it into the main-amp input of an old fender sidekick 35 amp. The voodu valve is pretty quiet and almost silent with the hush turned on. I think all the effects sound great but really I mostly only have a touch of reverb on or just bypass the effects all together. The only sound I ever tried to reproduce is George Lynch's tone on Tooth & Nail, and it turned out almost exact. I think you could nail almost any 80's metal tone with it.

I bought it used about 5 years ago and it looks like hell. Some of the buttons stick a little but the unit still sounds fine. I don't gig so reliability isn't as important to me as it may be to some.

General Comments

I play acoustic and electric guitar rock and have been playing for over 20 years.

My main amp is a Carvin Legacy, and I also have a Boogie DC-3. I have some of the older boss effects but I rarely use them.

If the voodu valve was stolen I'd be disappointed but probably wouldn't replace it.

Before the voodu valve I had the rocktron chameleon and both units were pretty decent. The voodu valve gain is a bit less flubby and more articulate.

I wish you could bypass the preamp and only use the effects if you wanted. I think the Prophesy can do that.