voneville

DigiTech RP250 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

Some people go into these purchases expecting to get the sounds of a room full of gear worth more then their house and are let down. Amp models come close, but they're still only models and do not sound exactly the same. The amp models are very cool and offer up some very useable tones, but vintage gear collecters need not worry, the value of their gear isn't going to go down because of this pedal! The effects are very good sound quality. I'm not overwhelmed by the overdrive and distortion effects, but the acoustic similator, wah, trem and delays are worth the price of admission alone. Some effects sound more digital then others. Again, is this going to replace your coveted vintage stomp boxes, probably not (however your wah pedal should be nervous).

Solid construction, don't foresee any issues as long as it's not abused.

General Comments

I went into a music store looking to purchase a different modeler that recently came out (the one that looks like a kidney bean and is about the size of a tuner). They didn't carry that brand at my local mom and pop music store, but the sales person said good things about the RP250 and it offered all of the features I was looking for, and then some. I wanted something compact that I could use headphones with and record directly into my computer. This pedal does all that, but can also be used in a live setting as a floor unit, which is pretty cool. The interface software is pretty sweet, it allows you to tweak all the settings to your hearts content offering a lot of cool sounds and tones. Considering all of the features you get for the price I think it's a great deal. I've paid more for single effects pedals then I did for the whole unit. I did pay more then I would have if I bought it online or at a big box store, but I'm okay with that. It's worth it to me to support local businesses.