Jake-NBcT6

DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Pickup

It's designed by DiMarzio to be a high-output pickup (and it is). I'm playing through a Marshall JCM2000 TSL 60 (it honestly sounds better than the 100w version, better bass response and it's not so brittle) using no effects except the occasional Crybaby Wah (an original). It's got great mid-range crunch with heavy bass and almost not enough treble. The only thing I don't particularly care for (this is why I gave it a 9) is the ceramic magnet. The alnico magnets sound better. I play mostly classic rock, everything from Zeppelin to Halen and it's perfect. At low gain I get a great crunchy sound and at high gain I get an awesome Avenged Sevenfold-ish sound. I've never put it in the neck position, but it's supposed to sound alright.

General Comments

If it was destroyed or stolen I would definately buy another one, 'cause it's the best sounding pickup I've ever played. I've played DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, Gibson, Fender, and many others (they all sound good depending on what you want, but I seem to always prefer the DiMarzios) but none come close.

I've been playing for about 6 years and I've played many guitars, however I've never played anything that sounds or plays as good as a Gibson Les Paul.

I'm very satisfied with this pickup and don't know if I'll ever find "that sound", but this is pretty damn close.