Plastic Apple

BBE Boosta Grande Clean Boost Effect Pedal

Sounds great if you put it in the right place. Some of the other reviewers have said that it has to go through an effects loop for it to actually boost your volume. WRONG!!! I have a Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue that doesn't have an effects loop and it works great! I plug my Fender American Strat into a Digitech Bad Monkey (killer O/D Pedal!) then into a Digitech Chorus Factory (another killer pedal!) then into the Boosta Grande, and finally into a BBE Sonic Stomp! It doesn't matter if I have my other effects on or off, when I need a volume boost for solos I just step on the footswitch and BANG! Instant volume boost without any coloring of my sound. And with this amp anything that colors your sound is really amplified!

I've only had it a few months but it seems very well built and should last a long time from what I can tell.

General Comments

I play a lot of different styles and have been banging away on guitar for about 35 years! Yikes! If it came up missing, I would buy one as soon as I could get to a music store! It does exactly what it's supposed to do, IF YOU USE IT CORRECTLY! If you put it in front of a distortion box for example you'll only get a gain boost, not a volume boost! I like it, I like it a lot!!!