I bought this guitar for playing in my room. I don't play with it live or for recording. I use it to write songs and mess around on. Its good for fingerpicking as well as nice smooth strumming. When you try to play like Ani DiFranco you get some pretty nasty buzzing. If you play like her or really hard, try heavier strings(mine is set up for medium-lights) and get it resetup. Mine isn't electric but I've heard good things about all of the fishman products(come on all Larrivee electrics) It has a beautiful sound. Nice sustain. Rings like a bell. Bright sound but not tinny. Really beautiful.

I don't play live with it so I can't tell you a lot about gigging with it, but it has held up really well. Ive had it for 2 years and Nothing has broken. Everything is high quality. It only has one strap button which is kind of odd. If your going to put one on, why not put two? Makes sense to me. But thats ok, you can just tie it to the headstock. It has been very dependable to me so far. nothing broken yet. But I wouldn't gig without a backup. I wouldn't gig any guitar without a backup. I mean come on you break a string and you don't want to have the crowd wait for you. Its always better to be safe than sorry.

General Comments

I have been playing for 3 years. I also have a mexican Strat, a 1970 Fender Champ, and a Rivera Chubster. I tried out a lot of other guitars and the reason I picked this one was because of its simplicity. It is a great guitar. It was a steal. I compared it to low end Martins, Ovations, Oscar Lee Schmidt, Tacomas, and many other $400-$500 guitars. The reason it got me was the high quality manufacturing and economy designs. It sounds like the big boys and to a certain extent looks great too. I like the simplistic look, it reminds me that its the player not the guitar. I am going to give this a ten because I love it. But don't take my word for it try one today