Benny-PaLNx

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

All the guitar players are raving about this thing, but if you are a bass player don't feel left out! I run a Thunderbird through a David Eden Traveller head into a Hartke 4.5XL and a EV 15" TL box. I have been using a Boss ODB-3 up until now for my overdrive sound. I have also tried out others including the Bass Big Muff PI. The Bad Monkey leaves them all for dead. This is not the modded version either.I have had no trouble with low end loss, I can just dial it back in with low end control. The purists will say that this is just compensation and not the genuine low end from the bass. I run a good rig and really care about my sound and that doesn't bother me at all. This is a real transparent overdrive not just a fizzy fuzz. It even allows for great controlled feedback that I just could not get with the others. Bass players, this is for you!

New and gigged with it already. Looks solid enough. Those tiny switches inside the Digitech pedals worry me to look at, but I have never had one fail me.

General Comments

Great pedal at a great price, not just for guitar players.

I play 70's rock & 70's punk with a few great growly driving basslines and the Bad MOnkey just brings them to life, combine with a good chorus and you are in ballsy bass heaven. Don't even consider a ODB-3 with this around.

Bass players, this is for you!