TroyL

Digital Music Corp GCX Guitar Audio Switcher

No popping. No hum. I rigged the whole rack up with George L cables and use a pedal power 2 to power my stomp box's. VERY VERY little signal loss. I dont even use the buffered input. Im sure there is some but it sure beats running everything inline, and tap dancing all night. Not to mention worrying about the drunks in the front row who are about to pour their beer into your nice boutique stomp box's. It improved (along with the George L's) my sound noticeably. More attack, more clarity, better bottom end. I run either a 2000 les paul standard or 79 custom into the GCX, and in the GCX is (in order) whammy (reissue), keeley compressor, sparkle drive, keeley DS-1, keeley TS-9DX, keeley BD-2, (in amps fx loop) line6 mod and echo pro's. Did i mention i have keeley underwear. lol. Running into a (modified) 100w plexi re-issue. Not only has it improved my sound, but it has improved the performance aspect of my playing ten-fold. I can concentrate less on changing sounds and more on my playing and performance. We love fiddling with gear but the audience in most cases doesnt like watching someone looking down at their feet all night.

Ive had it for just over a year and have had no problems with it. I transport my own gear in most situations so it doesnt get trashed by roadies on a regular basis, but others people dont seem to have any issues. And - although im not a fan of these bands, i have seen this unit in the current (as well as previous) rigs of Slipknot, Godsmack, Papa Roach and Linkin Park. I dont like their music but there is no doubt that thses guys tour hard and their gear (or should i say roadcases) takes a beating. I gig without a back up all the time and have had no problems so far and expect none. I made sure the system was accident free, neat, cable tied together, and that all tension on the plugs going into the GCX was evenly distributed. Theres alot a cable in there and if something goes wrong at a gig - not good. Take the time to do it right and you'll be rewarded with a problem free set up - hopefully.

General Comments

If this were stolen, first thing id do is buy a gun. Second thing id do is find the thief. Then id go buy another one.

Im actually going to buy another one to add to the rig very soon.

Im sure if you were willing to spend considerably more you could get a custom Bradshaw setup and it would poo all over this. Unfortunately i live in Australia and besides the expense, it would be extremely hard, if not impossible and impractical to corespond to c.a.e. involving many all nighters to catch them during buisness hours and expensive international phone calls.

But back to the GCX!

Im extremely happy with this product and i can be a prick if something ive spent my money on doesnt live up to what the manufacurers make it out to be.