mark-WjnH.

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I use a 70's Strat with 3 singles and a Valley Arts with HSS configuration. I play classic rock and blues at home and praise and worship music in church. I needed something that can play clean to slightly fuzzy,nothing heavy. I like the Clean Botique and the AC15 and AC30tb. The effects work well and are simple to use. I would like a stand alone chorus. The amp is very quiet,no hissing.

Now, here is why I submitted this review, as I am not much of an expert on tones. After2 weeks the wattage selector (attenuator?)started to occasionally short out, giving shrieks from the amp at the worst possible times.At least that is what it seemed like to me. Whatever was at fault,the repair shop couldn't get a replacement part.All parts were going on new amps, and new amps were backordered. So I was stuck without an amp and without funds to buy a different amp. After a few weeks the store gave me a loaner amp and eventually Vox replaced my amp with a new one. The process took about 6 to 8 weeks.It was inconvenient for me , but for a working musican it would have been dire. I guess this happens sometimes with a new product that is in high demand and to their credit they did make it right.I can't say their products are unrelaible in general but this particular amp was. No problems at all with the new amp yet.

General Comments

I've been playing off and on for 25+ years and am very happy with this amp. Portable and versitle you can crank it or play softly. I think it would satisfy all but the most discriminating purists.If it were stolen(how could you lose something this big) I would buy another, or a 30 watt model if it was significantly lighter.