I'm playing a Dave Murray signature stratocaster and another custom Fender strat with more vintage voicing with a bazillion stompboxes, a Marshall 9200 power amp, and a BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer. This setup sounds godly, better than any other Marshall to my ears. All rack gear is noisy, but an NS-2 can significantly reduce it. Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Janick Gers from Iron Maiden all use this amp, and it sounds divine both when I play it and when they do. I can also do Phish with it... it's incredibly versitile. It can hold 100 different channels, which is sweet. Get the Rolls MIDI Wizard or MIDI Buddy for the channel switching, it can't be beaten.

Never broken.

General Comments

I play everything from BLS and Maiden down to Phish and Eric Johnson. I've been playing for 7 years, and this is my favorite amp. I would immediately buy another if it went missing. I love how easy to use and the tube tone it packs, and it looks classic too in the rack. I almost bought a TSL100, but realized this is easier to use, sounds better, is more versitile, and is cheaper. Paired with a JFX-1 effects processor it would sound even better. I give this amp my highest regards.