John David-2Ywzv

Music Man Ball Family Reserve John Petrucci 7 Electric Guitar

Very good and somewhat unique. Clearity when distorted yet ballsy and deep. Very quiet. I have no real dislikes with this guitar. Maybe the pickups could be a tiny bit hotter...but I still really like them.

Seems hearty. Good finish with that polyester. I think it will be fine...time will tell. I put Dunlop strap locks on all my guitars. I would use it with out a back up...but I won't. You never know when the big one will hit!

General Comments

I have been playing at least a Score + it seems; and I have had many others guitars. I find that I like MusicMan the best so far. High quality. I lean that way rather than the Gibson style just because...Gibsons seem slower playing to me. If it was stolen..I'd get another...no question. Compared to an Ibanez RG7620 it smokes it in the quality dept hands down. Plays way better...feels way better. Sounds better to...more clarity. Yah...next I'll get the piezo option...more flexibility. They cost a bit... but you get what you pay for. I can't give the Ibanez away...it did not hold any value to speak of and it's near mint! This MusicMan's is a keeper.