Aaron-p-3nl

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I run an epi Les Paul with a duncan sh-5 and an sh-2 through a Peavey valveking 212 combo. I bought this pedal because of the description. I like it because it actually sounds more like another amp channel than a pedal. It is loud, full, and almost completely transparent. It doesn't produce a crap ton of gain, but its an overdrive not a distortion. I also really like the detail. It can get anywhere from a SRV to an old Greenday sort of tone.

I haven't had it for long, but the basic digitech construction looks like it would withstand a direct blast from a 12 gauge. I am currently gigging it without a backup.

General Comments

I've been playing for about 10 years. I play original hard rock that goes off in a lot of different directions. I really like this pedal because it isn't a one trick pony. It is the first overdrive I've ever played that I actually like. Every other one I've tried thats even remotely in the same price range sounds like tinny, low-fi crap. It provides a whole new dimension to my rig that allows me to branch out a bit.