Ted-KAeBA

epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head

I've used 3 different Les Pauls with it (Custom, Standard, Classic) and a Taylor T5. It's for Classic Rock through maybe light grunge/metal. Distortion is definitely there, but not too heavy. Doesn't suit my musical styles, because I need some clean sounds, too. This will not do clean w/ any reasonable volume. The distorted tones are great, and especially for the price range, but there's no real clean sounds to be had w/ this thing. The higher the volume the more the distortion - that's pretty much what this thing does. The amp's variety is dependant on the pedals you use. I've used a digitech Bad Monkey w/ it, but nothing else. It does handle all pedals well, though. No real static problem, even at high volumes. I'm rating the sound quality high because what it does, it does well. It just won't do clean.

No real extended use so can't really say, but it seems well constructed.

General Comments

I've been playing for a little over 15 years, and have dabbled in all kinds of music. Primarily I'm playing Classic Rock type stuff right now. It's worth buying if you've got a couple hundred bucks you're not doing anything better with. It's a fun little amp and sounds great for small venues and recording. There are several readily available modification kits that can add some features, but stock it's still useful. I would never use it exclusively just because you can't get a clean tone w/ volume, but what it does, it does pretty well for not much money.