Cody James

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal

Ibanez SZ320 -> DOD 250 Preamp or Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive -> ART 442 right ch 15 band -> Dunlop GCB-95 Original Crybaby Wah -> Rocktron Silver Dragon -> Peavey Rock Master 120w head -> Laney 2x12" and Ampeg 4x12" It's noisy if my amp or EQ have the too much highs or presence. I also do not run my EQ or DOD 250 preamp too hot. I boost the level from zero [it has a +/- 5] on my EQ, probably to +0.5 to +0.8, and my DOD 250 level is 10, but the gain is between 2.5-3.5. By the way, if you have an EQ and what to make everything sound sweeter, spend some time and work on sprucing up the mid frequencies, and don't just scoop them. Really carve out a great tone! This feeds a nice signal into my Wah pedal, giving it a bit of a 'hot' input. The toe down position can be a little noisy with a lot of gain. If I lean down to my pedals on the floor, and I'm not playing, the wah can feedback [even when off]. I'm thinking of getting a boss noise surpressor and maybe putting it in the efx loop or after the wah.

Seems dependable, but I would keep my wah over by my amp or something. Backup's depend on space and funds.

General Comments

I play metal, and use this for solos. I love to solo with both pick-ups now. I've been playing 5-6 years. If this was broken, stolen or misplaced, I would probably by another crybaby, but it wouldn't have to necessarily be an Original. I love that I can do wah solos now, and use my neck pickup to solo just as well as my bridge pickup. I dislike that I need to get a noise surpressor, but I need one anyways to clean up some amp power noise [all tube amps have it, as far as what I've heard] and feedback from the wah, which I can control. I compared it with a vox wah, and I got this because my Ax3000 has a few vox wah sims on it that are good enough. I wish it had Kirk Hammett's foot on the pedal working it while I solo for me. This helps me make music and is a very musical pedal.