This amp has an unreal range of tones. Channel one offers a nice warm clean tone that I find preferrable to the cleans on my Soldano Lucky 13, an amp known for it's spanky clean. Channel two gives you a nice crunch with the gain cranked, and it produces one of the best solo tones I've ever heard, one that starts with a bit of bite and smooths out into an amazing singing quality when I kick on my Keeley modified Tube Screamer. With the gain boost on channel two, I get a thicker rock and roll crunch, and I find myself on this tone most of the time. For a time, I owned the Ecstasy 101A, which is comparable to the 101B in most respects, perhaps a bit better on the channel one, but the 101B has a much superior channel two, at least to my ear. Channel 3 on this amp is gonzo high gain, and I don't find myself using it as much as I'd imagined, probably owing to the tamer nature of my band.

General Comments

This amp if one of the most flexible amps you'll find, and its price tag reflects this. Too bad I didn't have one of these when I was young and had all the time in the world. Youth is wasted on the young (or is that money is wasted on the old?).