[Perceived output level] Considerably less than several aftermarket pickups, but decent for a stock pickup. Very consistent. [Tone] This is a somewhat muddy pickup. Ok for a stock pickup and if you don't plan to play out much, but not hot enough for anything beyond rhythm. [Sonic evaluation] RG470XL + Fender Roc Pro 1000 is my set-up and I keep meaning to replace this pickup with the killer Tone Zone pickup that is in my other guitar, but that will require me parting with the guitar for a week or so, so I keep putting it off. I think this pickup is tolerable, but only barely. If I were a lead player, I would have had it switched already. All the pickups are stock, but I don't use either the neck or middle pickup, so those don't make much difference one way or the other. [For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable] I play heavy metal, blues, rock, punk and it is better for the latter two, but not hot or clear enough for the first two.

General Comments

[Comments] I intend on replacing this, so if someone stole it, preferably without wrecking the guitar, I would be forced to stop procrastinating. I have been playing about 15+ years. I can't imagine anyone using this pickup to replace another, unless it was another one that was not working. In short, this is no Tone Zone, but then again, nothing else too much is either. I would not own the pickup if it was not embedded in the guitar when I bought it.