[Perceived output level] One of the loudest on the market, passive or active. [Tone] The tone here tends towards the heavier side, but the highs are still crystal clear. This is a very warm-sounding humbucker that delivers excellent tone. [Sonic evaluation] The Roadstar is my "home" guitar, though I also take it to the studio a lot. I have run it through everything, the Fender Roc Pro 1000, my Rolant GP-100 straight into the board and in every application it shines. Everything else I have ever heard sounds like shit in comparison. [For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable] Heavy metal, blues, punk, rock and it shines in all of them. This is probably too hot of a pickup to put in any position but bridge.

General Comments

[Comments] I am very, very fussy about tone and now that I have found "it", I plan to put Tone Zones in all the bridge pickups in all my guitars. It sounds better, hotter and more vibrant than any other pickup out there and despite what a certain pack of idiots would have you believe, also works better for metal than the battery-munching EMG or any other active pickup. It is unreal how versatile and functional this pickup is. You can use it for anything from killer rhythm tones to seriously shredding, screaming solos. Night and day, the difference. The day I installed this thing in my Roadstar II and started jamming was one of the happiest and most satisfying of my life and those of you out there who live music will know exactly what I mean.