Wow! What am improvement, I'm so blown away, honestly! This is definitely a hot pickup. It was designed in mind with pushing an amp into total overdrive, but to my surprise, the cleans weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Still, a wonderful wall of distortion is this pickup's specialty. I primarily play high gain metal, among a bit of some other styles, so this pickup is perfect for that. And I would definitely only use this in the bridge. The tone can be best described as warm overall, but with enough treble and clarity for it everything to be heard well, unlike many other hot passive pickups, which can get on the muddy sounding side. Overall, this pickup is exactly what I've been looking for in a pickup for years, and I've finally found my bridge pickup of choice. I'm done with EMG's, JB's, 500T's, and some of the other hot pickups I've tried that just didn't do it for me. This is the one!

General Comments

If I had to replace this pickup, I would definitely buy another one. I've been playing for about 7 1/2 years. I own a Gibson Explorer and a MIJ Squier floyd rose strat, and play through a Mesa Boogie F-50 head into a 2x12 cabinet. The only real weak point I can find in this pickup is that it doesn't have the worlds greatest cleans, but for a wide variety of high gain styles, this thing is amazing. If you're looking for a good, thick chug, and a screaming lead tone from a high output passive pickup that retains a good degree of clarity and definition, then this is what you're after.