Daddyg--If4Q

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I primarily use a 2004 60s' reissue Fender strat. I will occasionally use a Schecter S-1 Elite. I play mostly blues and rock and play in a band at chuch. We play a lot of contemporary christian music and this amp is wonderfull. It offers a wide variety of sounds and is very versitile. Let me put it this way... I have a Fender Blues Deville 4x10 reissue which is modified version of the old Fender Bassman, and this amp actually sounds better. There is a model of the 4x10 tweed on this amp and it sounds sweet. I've had this amp for about 3 months and really like the way it sounds. I can't quite give it a 10 because there are some amps that sound better. (a fender twin for one) But it is the best sounding solid-state amp I have ever heard. After playing with it for some time there is a little trick to maximizing the sound. Rather than control the amp volume with the wattage knob on the back, crank the wattage to 50 and control the overall volume with your master volume control. If you push the master volume, but lower the wattage, your clean headroom disappears rapidly. This amp's best qualities are its clean channels. The overdrive amp models sound a bit "processed". The only overdrive amp model I really use is the boutique OD. Again, another reason for the 9 rating. Overall, nothing but great sounds and even better considering the price.

Mine has functioned very well. Only minor issue is sometimes the amp decides to forget what your user programs are.

General Comments

If this amp were stolen, I'd get another. Very reliable to gig with and very sturdy. Great sound for the money. I would recommend this to all musicians from starters to experienced. I've been playing for about 15 years. This amp is geat.