Harusee

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I use a Schecter C1+ with stock pickups and the rock/metal tones are incredible. I play a lot of blues lead and you can dial this amp right in to where you want it (when its working properly). Some of the effects create too much noise. Flange is one where the sweeep noise can overpower the note your on. The effects are good but lack the sound quality of dedicated effect systems.

I have to tank the amp here. Here I am almost 7 months into ownership and I have one and only one problem with this amp. After really enjoying this amp and the great low level overdriven sounds as well as the ear busting volume, I was practicing in my little home office at low volume and when I went to change the tempo on an effect and tapped the tap tempo button the amp went into full 50 watt full gain full volume full noise full crap mode. I was only able to fix this by resetting the factory defaults. Since that time it occurs more frequently and with less provocation and each time I have to ditch my presets and start over. Do not depend on this amp if you are doing club shows....you have been warned.

General Comments

I have played bass and guitar for many years. I quit for a while. This guitar and amp was a fresh start for me and while the tone and feature set of this amp are tremendous, I feel that the VOX company should have insisted on a far greater level of quality control and should have backed their product up with a longer warranty. I regret saving the $150.00 and passing up the Marshall or the Peavey models I was looking at. For the dollar amount, if you get a good version of this amp then you are way ahead. If you get one of the substantial number of Lemons they apparently shipped out then the old saying "You get what you pay for" is all I have for you.