My bassist use a Foxxe Bass By Barrington (It's from 1982, its parts are from ESP, the Barrington company doesn't made basses any more). The sound it's a perfect distorsion to be used with the bass. It's really a weird distortion. Our guitar player says he don't like in the guitar (he uses an Aria Pro). Our bassist uses it this way: Bass--Dixon Distorsion--DOD MetalManiac--DOD Bass Stereo Chorus--Ibanez Soundtank Compressor--Peavy TNT amp.

DOD pedal cases are heavy. Hard to destroy. OK, its switch is made of plastic, but if you're smart and have a little of care when you push it, it ain't a problem. Now, if you're a beast using the pedal, well, I think you'll end destroying it. No problem at all. Very easy to change the internal switch when it gets damage (We repaired our DOD Metal X FX70).

General Comments

Did you hear The Hives "Hate To Say I Told You So" song?, we'll, if you're searching for a bass sound like, DOD MetalManiac is your pedal. We're playing this song, and the bass solo sounds the same that the original version. We're playing a fussion of grunge with metal and some funk. Our group has many influences, and we do use a lot of DOD pedals (We've two MetalX FX70, 1 Stero Chorus FX65, 1 Bass Stereo Chorus and the Maniac, and searching for a used Grunge). If our pedal is stolen or get damage (for extreme use) I would buy it again. I think it'll help us with some new songs that we're making right now. The Metal Maniac sound it's really weird and MANIAC!!!!!!