Philip-p7XL-

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I play predominantly through my Washburn Stage A20 which has Seymour Duncan Custom Custom pick up in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. My amp is a Mesa Single Recto head through a Marshall 1960 quad. I bought the Recto for the modern high gain tone so the Bad Monkey is used for crunch and lower distortion sounds through the clean channel. It allows me to get blues type tones as well as classic rock crunch. It produces very full and amp like sounds that sit nicely alongside the amps core tones.

I have had it over three years and it is very reliable. It has been used with different amps with good results.

General Comments

Our band plays covers ranging from old rock to the latest pop songs. We tend to add a bit of grunt to most songs and this pedal helps when I want to play with a bit less overdrive than I get from the amp itself. It covers in all the gaps nicely. I did have a MI Audio Crunch Box and Tube Zone when I was using a crappy old Marshall AVT50 head to supply some decent distortion and overdrive but I have since sold them now I have the Mesa. The only overdrive I kept was the Bad Monkey which says something. I am interested in trying an OCD as I was very impressed with some samples I heard of that.