Bobby-HS5i6

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

This amp lacks proper tone all around. It doesn't play nicely with the rest of the band. The cleans can be alright, and you can get some crunchy sounds out of it, but don't count on any mean distortion without a pedal. Aside from that, it's almost impossible to not get an unbearable screech. At first I thought there might be a problem with my pickups, but it happens with every guitar that's plugged into it. It happens almost constantly, rendering this amp more or less useless.

The amp is really quite sturdy. Due to the fact that I will never gig with it again, I'm sure it'll last quite a while. I can't really speak from a technical stance on whether the amp is dependable, as I'm assuming that the electronics were just horribly designed, ruining its dependability in my eyes.

General Comments

If this amp were stolen I'd probably believe there is a god because it would really probably be a blessing to not have to hear this thing ever again. I can honestly say, I hate this amp. I love VOX, but this amp does not come anywhere close to the quality I would've expected from them. Even for the price, I feel ripped off. It's maybe worth half what I payed for this stack.