geek_usa

Morley PWV Pro Series Wah/Volume

I'm currently using a 1993 Fender Strat with a Behringer GM110 Analog Modeling Amp. My current setup goes as follows : 1993 MIM Fender Strat > Morley PWV Wah/Volume > Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb > Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive > Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble > EH Small Stone > Zoom 505II MultiFX > Behringer GM-110 Analog Modeling Amp. I don't get why people say this wah is so bad. Check your batteries and your connections folks, or perhaps you just don't know how to use a wah. This wah mainly does a smooth sweeping wah, wah that you can use on clean leads and some funky chords. This wah won't scream; if you want a screaming wah look elsewhere (perhaps that's what these people with bad reviews were expecting?). When I looked at the reviews for this I was quite shocked...it's not THAT bad of a wah. I've owned mine for about 2 months now, and I haven't had a problem with it. It does what it's supposed to, nothing more, nothing less.

This pedal is VERY sturdy. This thing weighs about 7 pounds, and it costs like $10 US mail to ship. I'd say this is pretty dependable, since it's made out of metal. The only part on the pedal that isn't made out of metal is the Level knob. That, of course, is plastic. Very reliable.

General Comments

bought this on eBay used for $30. This thing has taken a beating or two, but it's survived everything so far. I mainly play alternative/hard rock music. The Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Tom Petty are my main influences. This wah does exactly what it's supposed to = wah. It doesn't scream, it doesn't bite your head off, but you can get a nice smooth swoop from it. It's not the best wah in the world, and I'm sure there's worse, so for $30 I can't complain. However, I AM thinking about getting a Dunlop Crybaby, because I'd like more of that Swirly Swooshy 60's vibe.

The bad reviews here are just people who hate on this pedal because it doesn't live up to the legendary Bad Horsie. It doesn't scream, wail, or cry, but it DOES WAH. If you're looking for a simple solution to your wah-ing needs, this pedal might be worth looking at.