I play a very wide variety of music- surf, rockabilly, western swing, country, blues, jazz. I am also a working musician and have played many a pop and rock standard. I also play experimental stuff and am into the Meat Puppets and Eugene Chadbourne. I used this Heritage H137 with an Ampeg VT-40 4x10 tube combo and a 1971 Fender Deluxe Reverb. I have also used it with a Fender Pro Junior. I rarely use effects. Very versatile guitar. Got that P90 snarl for Mountain covers but pretty much covers the gamut of vintage tones. I'd use it for pretty much anything even though it only has one pickup. On this guitar you only need one. I can't think of one thing that I don't like about this guitar. Class all the way.

This guitar is solid. I have gigged with it and have had no problems at all. This is a quality guitar from one end to the other. In fact it is one of the nicest guitars I have ever put my hands on. I always have a backup. But this guitar could get me through many nights without a spare.

General Comments

I have been playing 30 years. My other guitars are Heritage H575, Gretsch Country Classic, Fender 52 reissue Telecaster, Gibson Firebird V, Tokai Love Rock Les Paul Junior copy (Japan), Peavey T-60, Harmony Rebel, Brownsville Thug. I also have Airline, National, and Fender lap steels. My amplifiers are Fender Deluxe Reverb, Ampeg VT-40, Fender Pro Junior, Marshall JTM30, Marshall JMP 50 watt nonmaster head, Peavey VTM60.

This guitar meets all my requirements- plays well, sounds good, looks cool.

If it were stolen I would get another one just like it. If I couldn't find one I'd get Heritage to make me one.

Both my Heritage guitars are very nice in all respects. I realize that I have rated this guitar a 10 in all categories. But this is one guitar that really is that good. It's the real deal.