Brian Murphy-dS_wa

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I use a stock Gibson Explorer into a Marshall MG50DFX soild state combo, good for creating hot bluesy tones but not for what I wanted. It was really easy to get that classic rock smoothness, but cannot get that bitey crunch (i.e. Guns N' Roses) that I so wanted. Its got a really strong sound and will DEFINITELY cut through in a live scenario. Yet again, do not get this for hot hard rock tones, BUY THIS AND YOU WILL BE OOZING THE BLUES! MY EXPERIECE WITH THIS PEDAL IS THROUGH A $350 SOLID STATE AMP. IT WILL SOUND ALOT BETTER THROUGH TUBE!

This thing was built like a fucking tank. In fact, I beat a Jehova's Witness down with it and it didn't even ding. This thing is very durable, however I'd never gig without a backup because of a little thing called Murphy's Law; Anything that can go wrong, will. I have been plagued with this last name and gear has taken a shit on me just before I really needed it, so never gig w/o a backup unit.

General Comments

I play hard rock in the vein of Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. Unfortunately this pedal is NOT for those types of music. However, if you play the blues with that New Orleans soul or Texas spank, THIS IS YOUR PEDAL! This pedal is very transparent and lets the sound of your guitar shine in all its glory...it just wasn't my thing.