I'm playing on a Fender strat(saving up for an Ampeg Stud) running it through a 100w Marshall head, a vintage Crate screamer. For as for an effect unit I'm using my trusty Digitech Rp 12 multi. Extremely noisy when mixed with just about any other wave deflector effect: chorus/wah/tremolo/ ect. Extremely noisy but that's what makes it even better. The best thing about this baby is that if you mess around with the 4 knobs long enough you have about 10 different distortion pedals in one, making it sound like the: Turbo,Grunge,Death Metal, MetalZone, and it gets heavier. I heard that the no talent jamoke in Limp Bisquik uses one. I'm a huge Melvins head and as far as distortion goes this comes pretty close to Buzz Osbourne's heavy crust mess. The quality is as much as you can expect from a DOD pedal, but I guess you could link the Box to something that could clean it up. Like the SonicBoom from Ampeg.

I depend on it like I depent on my boner in the morning. it's always there now, but it won't be one day, and when it's not, no big deal I'll get an other... I guess that analogy won't work. Once again it's a D O D! don't expect too much, just take care of it.

General Comments

I love this pedal it's all me as far as distortion, if I want to switch to clean I just play off of my Digitech multi. but for every thing else it's fine. Noise yeah but so what. When I crank it up on the week ends the neighboors complain. At first they thought I was running some type of industrial machine in my room. I'ts part of my guitar set up now officially. The only thing I absolutely hated was the way it was "decorated" they should of just left the god-forsaken color prime gray, and the writing is abominable. I hated the way it looked so much I went as far as scraping and re-painting it dark blue. Who ever designed the "look" was not thinking of Buzz. Every thing else: the sound, the manual, the names of the knobs where on the Money; and that's what matter's I guess.