I was thrilled to get the wah back from Gary, and couldn't believe the new tone! I have no idea what electronic voodoo he did to it, but the guts looked completely new and I've been in bliss for the past week. Gary sent back the wah with that fantastic Slash sound that made the solo from Sweet Child O' Mine so memorable. I play through a Gallien-Krueger 250ML and play a lot of trip-hop, funk, and reggae these days. Although the wah came back to me voiced for rock, I can easily adjust the controls to get a sound that will make me sound like me. I am extremely happy with the modifications that were done to this wah, and it's nice to know that in a disposable world I have a pedal that I will take care of me forever. I want to be buried with this!

I've had the thing for more than 20 years before I sent it to be hot rodded and it has never let me down. I'm tempted to get another one just to pass on to my children so they'll know what a good wah is supposed to sound like! (They won't be getting mine--I'm going to be buried with it!) Gary's attention to detail is fantastic. I don't know much about electronics, but the interior of the wah is clearly hand-labeled with recommended settings, and Gary even added an adjustment tool INSIDE the pedal so I don't have to hunt around for a jeweler's screwdriver whenever I want to experiment. Flawless workmanship.

General Comments

Modding this wah is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've died and gone to wah heaven! For more details: http://www.garmopatmods.com