zimbloth

Schecter Guitar Research C-7 Blackjack 7-String Electric Guitar

I run my C7 Blackjack through the following setups: 1) Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Pre-Amp Mesa/Boogie 50/50 Stereo Power-Amp 2) Peavey Ultra Plus 120w Tube Head 3) Line 6 Pod Pro All using Mesa Recto Cabinetry. Through any setup this guitar sounds phemoninal. The guitar is resonant, warm and full of tone. The quality construction, components and woods really help matters. The Seymour Duncan pickups are excellent as well. I usually use Invaders, Distortions, Customs (or Dimarzio/EMG), but the JB pickup in the bridge sounds tremendous. It's extremely clear and bright, but also warm and heavy as well. It has a great mid-range bite and growl to it as well. I love the sound this thing produces! As for the neck Duncan '59, it sounds very good as well but frankly I'm very bored with this pickup. This has come in the neck of a number of various USA made guitars I've owned over the years and I'm just sort of bored with it. Regardless, it does have a nice creamy thick lead tone and excellent cleans. The 5-way selector really can achieve some great clean sounds, especially in the 2 and 4 positions. This guitar sounds thick, juicy, vibrant and cutting...while maintaing a unique sonic signature. Perfect for the different styles of rock, metal, etc I play in my various projects. I love it.

Everything seems great here, but you don't play shows without a backup. No guitar deserves a 10 here.

General Comments

I've owned dozens of other guitars over the years. I'd estimate around 50. Most of those were USA or high-end guitars. I was skeptical about an import such as this Schecter C7 Blackjack, but I am convinced that the work the South Koreans are doing over there at the Schecter factory is finally approaching the level of USA/Japanese craftsmanship. It feels crazy to say such a thing, but this is a class instrument all-around. It plays amazing, sounds amazing, looks great and is a joy to play.

I use this with a variety of metal/hard rock projects, everything from death-metal to rock. This guitar can honestly excel with ANY style of music. Jazz, blues, metal, rock, anything really. The diverse gorgeous tones this guitar produces and the extremely comfortable easy-to-play neck would befriend any would-be owner.

Schecter has impressed me yet again.