Chuck Hannah

Marshall JMP-1 Tube MIDI Guitar Preamp

I use a gibson les paul studio as my main guitar. I have a marshall 9200 all tube power amp( perfect match with the jmp-1), I also use a yamaha dg stomp with a vox wah. I think it gets a great tone with a little bit of work perfecting the sound. It can get a little noisy but if you turn away from the amp it quiets down. but what tube amps dont get noisy. I play mostly hard rock like disturbed,nickleback, sevendust,incubus,fuel,metallica. I can get a great sound to emulate any of these bands. This preamp sounds best with the od2 with the gain between 9 and 12, bass shift on, and appropriate bass,mid,treb,presence settings.

I have never had a problem with it. I would definitely use it without a backup.

General Comments

I play mostly hard rock. If you are a Marshall person you'll love this preamp. If you're not why are you looking anyway. I can get great tones from classic rock to modern metal out of this. I have been playing for 8 years and know what sounds good. I gig almost every weekend and it sounds great live as well as in the studio. I would buy it again if i lost it. I love the od settings the clean settings could use a little bit of work. Theres just something that lacks there. They are descent though. Overall a good unit.