bobc2112

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I'm using this with a Les Paul standard into GCB-95 wah, monkey straight into front of amp with a Boss GT-6 in the loop of my split channel JCM 800. I was previously using a TS-9 which I had modded by aramat. Great pedal, great mod but I was never happy with the bottom end loss and the excessive mid boost it used to give. Same from the TS-808 re-issue I then bought, bottom end would disappear when I stomped on it. So I bought the Bad Monkey after reading all the rave reviews and figuring that ¿¿34-00 was not a lot of money to waste if I didn't like it. I think it's a truly fabulous pedal, does everything I want as regards transparently pushing the front of my amp into higher gain territory for solos. No complaints at all.

Would rely on it 100%. I am gonna buy another one, well, at that price why not?

General Comments

I play rock covers, for this genre of music the bad monkey fits the bill a treat! I've been playing for 25 years and have owned a lot of gear over the years but I will be keeping this bad boy!!! It has made me put my tube screamers into retirement, the monkey is king. I love the fact that I can dial back in my bottom end with the low control, and tailor the high end too, as opposed to one universal tone control a la TS-9/TS-808. I know it's 'horses for courses' in the world of overdrives, but this serves me good and proper. Give one a try, you won't regret it!!!