Eric-oct_8

Digital Music Corp GCX Guitar Audio Switcher

I've heard others say that it greatly improved their sound quality, but I haven't noticed a huge difference. When I was running through my chain of pedals (a ODB-3 distortion, BF-2 Flanger, MXR Phase 90, Dan-Echo, and my Korg DT-1 Pro tuner) the only pedal that degraded the signal was the MXR, so it did slightly improve my tone, but not enough to write home about. My only complaint is that some of my pedals are slightly louder than others (barely noticable unless you're really paying attention, and the pedals don't have level controls but I guess that's my fault.) That's why I'm giving it an 8.

I've kept this in my rack and haven't had any problems, and I don't think I will. I'd gig without a backup. If it did break mid-show I can just plug straight into my tuner and head and not worry about changing so many cables.

General Comments

I play pop/rock where I can get away with playing with effects, which is why I got this, I was tired of constantly hitting different pedals, now it's all in one big safe package. The only thing I can think of that would make this better is level and mix controls for each loop, and the ability to turn those controls off if that loop is being used to control channels on an amp or for any other reason you wouldn't need them. To me that would increase the flexibility of the unit, but I don't have any major volume problems, just some of my pedals don't have line controls.