roysboy

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I run a fender Telecaster and a Stratocaster either direct to my PA or through my fender Performer 1000 solid state hybrid amp . The Bad Monkey is amazing ....quiet , smooth , almost imperceptible with gain at 1 but the warmth is there without a doubt . No noise anywhere anytime , no switching sounds at all . I use this to record direct and it is amazingly quiet and effective ( no pun intended ) .

No problems ever ...the battery seems to last a very long time but live I use the adapter for consistency . I would defintitely use it without a backup ...however at the cost (50 bucks new CDN ) grab 2 .

General Comments

I play country ...trad and contemporary , I play meat and potatoes rock/blues and I've used about 5 other pedal effects or effects boards to find the tubey warmth and smooth sound I get from the Bad Monkey . The only thing that came close is my prehistoric old Korg effects board ( which will have to be pried from my cold , dead hands ). How's this to sum up ...whatever these other folks have been saying about this pedal ...ditto times 2 . Its a gem ...for 50 bucks just go get one .