jlarocco

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

The amp does take some adjusting to dial in the sweet spots, but it's actually kind of fun, especially with the versatility of sounds that can be had from a strat. The powerhouse Strat I'm playing has a mid range boost which helps bring out the warmth on the Fender models with a little patience and some tweaking. The 2 Vox models and the Marshalls are by far the best though. It is a quiet running amp and actually sounds better the louder you play it. I've had a Line 6 Flextone and it can't hold a candle to the Valvetronix. If your looking for a modeling amp with a budget south of five bills these are the best amps on the market period.

I did have two crap out on me but, ultimately found out it was not the amps but some electrical issues with extension cord I was plugging into. American Music Supply was absolutely a joy to deal with and gave me no problems in returning them. I ultimately called Korg just to get a feel for their feedback and they advised they have had very few problems with them. I also called some of the other giants like Sam Ash and Sweetwater and they both had very positive feedback regarding the reliability of these amps.

General Comments

I also own a Line 6 Flextone XL, and believe me there is no comparison. The Vox Valvetronix blows the Line 6 away. Am playing both a Deluxe Powerhouse Strat and Blackout Tele and both sound great through this amp.