This thing is killer. Man, it's 50 watts tubed, and it cranks. I use it on it's distortion channel and have a Randall head that I use for clean. The thing cranks just as loud as anything I've ever played. I was going to get either this or a marshall and I got this, it blew it away. I play a customized Ibanez GAX70 with a DiMarzio FRED pickup in the bridge, and this thing crunches. I have a weird sound that I go for....and this thing fits it perfectly. It's the thickest amp I've ever played. I love it....I'll never buy another brand. When this dies, I'll probably get a head though.

This thing is built like a tank. I haven't had a single problem with it. I wouldn't use a backup...I have a marshall I use for backup....and I don't think I'll ever have to use it.

General Comments

I've been playing for 10 years and this is the best distortion amp I've ever owned. I'd get another one in a heartbeat. It's got the thickest, most brutal distortion I've ever heard, and best of all...it's 50 watts tubed and it keeps up with the drummer better than anything. It rocks. If you like thick distortion, get a hughes and kettner...they're unbelievable.