pete spinazola

Electro-Harmonix Classics USA Big Muff PI Distortion / Sustainer Guitar Effects Pedal

By the way, I'm using this on bass. I use a Cort Curbow-4 or an Ibanez EDB600 Ergodyne>Boss TU-2 Tuner>Tech 21 BassCompactor Compressor>EH Big Muff Pi USA>Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus>DOD Bass Flanger>Boss PH-2 Super Phaser>Guyatone MD-2 Digital Delay>Boss GE-7B Bass Equalizer>Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor>Ampeg Rocket Bass 100. I can get the fattest tube tone from a solid state amp you have ever heard. Besides that, you can absolutely nail the Cliff Burton "Anesthesia" tone with this, put it with a modulation of any sort(Flange, Chorus, Phase) and you can get some nice thick swirly stuff. This pedal gives such a nice, meaty growl, its fantastic, you retain every bit of low end. No tone loss with this thing.

This thing is built extremely solidly. I wouldn't want to take a hammer to it, but it'll take a beating.

General Comments

I am a metal man. Old and new. I have been playing guitar and bass for over 4 years. my other gear consists of mountains of pedals, a Fender Roc Pro 1000 halfstack, a modified Strat and Les Paul, a homeade Flying V, and a Mitchell Acoustic. If it were stolen, I would buy it again. If you are looking for the fattest bass distortion around, look no further. This gives you a beautiful growl with all the lows you'd ever want. It is a great soloing tool for me, but it is also good for adding a little something to songs. If you play bass, buy this pedal. Do not look anywhere else. The thickest tone around is what this baby makes. BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!