[Perceived output level] Far more presence than stock. See below. [Tone] Very responsive to pickup height. Very. You can go from super thin to mega bass with several turns of the screws. That also includes output level. I find they are able to cut through a mix VERY well. I love them. [Sonic evaluation] I use a Mesa Maverick (2x12), a fender deluxe (1x12) and a Marshall half stack, with a replex, '69, '70, tc chorus etc... [For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable] This pickup has enough beef and soul to play anything except the hardest of the thrash metal out there.

General Comments

[Comments] I would have to buy these again. I am definately putting some Kinman's in a Tele I'm building. I started playing the banjo in 4th grade, I'm 32 now - been playing almost all of recorded history (mine, anyway) I own way too much gear.

All in all, this is the best single coil sound I have ever heard. The fact that it is also noise-free is simply a bonus for me.

Make sure you wire the controls to allow for a blending of the neck pickup (bottom left diagram in the wirogram) My strat can sound like a tele in the middle. Pretty cool...

Wish they were just a bit cheaper, as I see a lot of expenses in the near future replacing all my single coil pickups.