mcmgtr

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I LOVE the sounds this amp makes! That's why I bought it. I still use the amp for practice, but just don't want to fight with it during a gig. I use a Music Man Silhouette and Axis guitars loaded with the stock pick ups. It suites any style I want to play, (one at a time) The cleans and distortion models do a great job, I especially love the old Marshall models.

I did have a problem with the power level knob on the back. Basically, it would short out if I turned the amp valume up to practice levels. I took it to a repair shop and Vox paid for the repairs under warranty.

General Comments

I've been playing guitar for over 20 years and currently, I'm playing through a Mesa Dual Recto 3-chl, with a boss chorus and delay, bbe sonic stomp, cry baby wah and comp. Right now I love my sound, but was looking for a smaller amp for beach gigs and doubles. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy a used mesa subway rocket and just run pedals. The amp has great sounds, but just not flexible enough for cover gigs. I think vox needs to nix the built-in fx and and ad an fx loop. Still not a bad amp for the $$$.