[Perceived output level] Much hotter than the stock Duncan Designed crap. Overdrives the front end of my amp like crazy! [Tone] Middy overall. The high mid cuts really well, but leaves something to be desired clarity wise. [Sonic evaluation] I'm running this guitar to a Bad Horsie Wah, then to an MT-2, then a GE-7 and then to a Peavey Transtube 100 watt stack. The guitar is basswood and in the S type style. [For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable] This is good for metal, but it's a little muddy for me. I like a lot of clarity when I play. I like to hear each note. This pup kind of slurs everything together.

General Comments

[Comments] I wouldn't buy this pickup again, I like my EMG 81 in the brigde. I'm going to deck this guitar out with LiveWires because they have a certain "fuzz" that I kinda like, but for fast music I like it to be very accurate and this is more of a passive kind of sound. I guess they are kind of an aquired taste. I never actaully played a guitar with this pup in it until I put it in mine. It has a sound that kind of grows on you I guess. Don't compare this to the EMG 81 though, much more mids in this pup.