Anonymous Reviewer

Schecter Guitar Research C-7 Blackjack 7-String Electric Guitar

I bought this guitar as a second axe (next to my Ibanez Universe). I play metal and was looking for an extended scale neck to drop as much as a whole step. (A, D, G, C, F, A, D). The set neck with the string-thru bridge gives the guitar great sustain. The stock (real) Seymour Duncans are very crisp which is critical when tuning so low. This guitar is a killer rythm axe, and sounds great for leads too. The clean tones are suprisingly rich and full with the neck pickup. I'm putting this guitar through a Peavy Bandit and a Crate Blue Voodoo, sounds great through both.

I am using this guitar in the studio for all rhythm tracks I record, and am using it in a band for both rhythm and lead. Everything is solid.

General Comments

I have been playing for 7 years. My other main shred guitar is an Ibanez Universe. In looking for a Baritone 7-string, I found an affordable guitar that plays very well and sounds awesome. It is just a solid axe. The only thing I would change is the neck width. It is fat compared to the Universe neck. I was able to play the Schecter neck fine, but I still prefer the thinner Universe neck for leads. For rhythm, the Schecter sounds a lot better and will be used instead of the Universe.