For my hardcore band Nine Days' Wonder I use an Ibanez S 270 guitar with an EMG 81 pickup > Marshall VS 100 R head > Marshall 1960A 4 x 12" , with the GE-7 going through the effects loop. It sounds great and it improves the distortion sound of my amp. However, when I want to get a really terrific ***CRUSHING*** sound, I drive my guitar through my Metalzone pedal > GE 7 > amp instead! By using the pedal this way the noise increases of course, but the distortion is soooooooooooo good!!! It blows everyone away and it makes my riffs sound like Cannibal Corpse, haha!!! Everyone who says that the MetalZone pedal sucks: try it in combination with this equalizer and then judge again! You'll be devastated, that's a fucking promise!!!

Boss pedals are built to last, or what did ya think?

General Comments

I play mostly metallic hardcore in the vein of Morning Again, Culture, Kindred, Spirit of youth, etc... This pedal is perfect for the kind of sound I need. I have been playing for more than 8 years and this is one of the best pieces of gear I ever bought. I like good old-fashioned stompboxes a lot; no {censored}ing artificial racks for me!!! If I lost this pedal I would buy it again immediately.

I like everything about it, I just wish there was a list of suggested settings included in the manual. I'm kinda lazy, you know; I don't want to spend too much time on searching existing sounds.