[Perceived output level] HOT PICKUP WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE A DISTORTION BOX SO YOU CAN PLAY CLEAN WITHOUT THE MUDDINESS.BUT THE 85 IN THE NECK IS A LITTLE MORE HOT SO BE A LITTLE BIT EASY ON THE VOLUME .BUT SOUNDS GREAT FOR THAT CREAMY BLUES/SMOOTH JAZZ FEEL .. [Tone] CLEANER LOWS AND THICKER HIGHS =TIGHTER BASS/FATTER LEADS W/TIGHT SCREAMING HARMONICS TYPE OF QUALITY. [Sonic evaluation] I HAVE THESE PICKUPS IN TWO OF MY GUITARS A BLACK LES PAUL STANDARD AND A CHEAP CORT LES PAUL COPY.I USE THE MARSHALL VALVESTATE HEADS OLDER AND NEWER MODELS AND GREAT PRETTY GOOD RESULTS IN MY OWN PERSONAL GUITAR TONE. [For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable] I PLAY MOSTLY THE CLASSIC STYLE OF ROCK AND HEAVY METAL WHETHER IT'S JUDAS PRIEST,BLS AND THE STANDARD 80'S TYPE OF THRASH IT'S A GREAT MATCH BUT IT WOULD ALSO DEPEND ON THE SPEAKERS YOUR USING AND DIFFRENT AMP AND EQ ADJUSTMENTS TUBE OR SOLID STATE ,WHAT TYPE OF TUBES VICE VERSA.. BUT IF YOU WANT THE ROUNDED BASS FOR THE CLASSIC BLUESIER FEEL THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE PICKUP DEPENDING YOUR OWN PERSONAL TASTE.

General Comments

[Comments] I WOULD DEFINETLY BUY IT AGAIN .I'VE BEEN PLAYING ALMOST 18 YEARS NOW APART FROM THE LES PAULS AND MARSHALLS I ALSO USE VARIOUS WAH PEDALS[CRYBABY AND MORLEY] AND A MARSHALL BLUES BREAKER OD/BOOSTER BOX THAT GIVES ME MORE THAN ENOUGH GAIN FOR MY HEAVY CRUNCH TONE.LIKE I SAID EARLIER I LIKE THE TIGHTER CHUNK AND THE FAT SUSTAINING LEADS W/HARMONICS.ITS NOT THAT I ACTUALLY HATED MY OLD STOCK PICKUPS BUT WHENEVER I GO TO A MUSIC STORE AND PLAY A GUITAR WITHOUT MY EMGS IT SEEM LIKE SOMETHING WAS MISSING.IN BETTER WORDS WHEN I FIRST TRIED EMGS I DIDNT THINK MUCH AT ALL AT FIRST BUT AFTER A COUPLE YEARS GETTING USED TO THE SOUND ALL SUDDEN THE STOCK SOUND BECAME VERY DISSAPOINTING SO IM SATISFIED TO SOUND ONCE YOU GO EMGS YOU DONT WANT TO GO BACK.OF COURSE THE SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUP I USED TO HAVE WAS NOTHING BUT A DISTORTION BOOSTER THAT WAS EQ'D FOR METAL BOTH RYTHYM AND LEAD NO CLEAN SOUND WHATSOEVER.WITH THE EMGS YOU GET THE CLEANS AS WELL.