I play mostly country, blues and rock. This guitar sounds so good it has become my #1. I was amazed the first time I played it. The tone and character of this guitar is incredible. I was blown away and immediately a fan. Tom Anderson is definitely building a tone machine. I have a couple of Gibson Les Paul's, two Fender 62' RI Strats, and a Fender 52'RI Tele. I love these guitars but my Anderson is an all around guitar capable of handling any style or sound. I play through a Dr. Z Maz Jr. 18, which is the best amp on the market today, in my opinion. My effects chain from guitar to amp is usually Barber Tone Press, Tim overdrive, Analogman King of Tone(sometimes Fulltone Full Drive 2), Analogman Clone Chorus, Fulltone Supa-Trem and T-Rex Replica Delay. I have tweeked this set-up to my own sound that really suits me and my playing style

It's a very well built guitar. The hardware is nice and applied tight. Nothing on this guitar is of poor quality. You get what you pay for. In this case, This guitar is not cheap by any means, however you're buying and paying for a well crafted instrument that took time to build and didn't sacrifice an ounce of quality. This guitar is suited for playing live to serious studio sessions. I'm giving it a 9 only because they are so nice and I'm always afraid of dinging it or bumping it into a wall, ect... but hey it's meant to be played.

General Comments

I've been playing guitar for around 20 years. I've owned quite a few electrics and acoustics. I've found that Anderson Guitars are made to last and made to enhance your playing. I also really enjoy my Les Paul's and Strat's, however if you are a one guitar man. This would be the guitar. If it were stolen I would track it down. If I couldn't find it I'd definitely replace it. This guitar will stay in my collections. I've always heard players talk about the Anderson's and always wanted one. I finally decide to make it happen. I thought life is short. Make the most of it you can. IF you looking to be buy an Anderson Cobra or really any make of an Anderson. You are on the right path. There will be no regrets in purchasing this guitar and you'll cherish it.