The reason I had this amp modded in the first place, was that the distortion on the second channel was thin, harsh, and noisey. That completely changed. The amp is now extremely versatile. I get an amazing clean sound that, in my opinion, is just as good as any Fender out there. It produces great classic jazz and blues tones and is very responsive. The second channel takes care of the other end of the sound spectrum by producing classic rock sounds like EVH's brown sound, AC/DC, etc. Kick in the second channel overdrive and you get fantastic distortion, perfect for modern rock and a great 80's metal sound. Nu-metalers could scoop the mids and get the nu-metal sound with it, but I prefer not to do that. I beleive that mids are crucial to a metal guitars tone. Anyway, the noise reduction circuit makes the second (distortion) channel quieter than the first (clean) channel! I never thought that was possible but it is. That's not to say that the first channel is noisey, because it's not, there's just a barely noticable amount of noise more than the second channel. I had Jerry make the tone shift switches for both channels a mid boost. I play with both switches in the on position, it makes the sound more full and round sounding. I use this amp for everything from clean phrases and finger picking, fantastic blues, and big hair 80's metal. I use this amp along with a THD Hotplate, all monster cables, my neck thru LTD M-302 with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an EMG 85 in the neck and a LTD MV-200 with a seymour duncan JB humbucker in the bridge and a Hot Rails in the neck. Of couse the amps responds differnently with the different guitar setups. It will also sound different with 6L6's instead of EL34's.

I'm not in a band and don't gig, but I would not be afraid to use this amp without a backup if I was gigging. I've never had a problem since haveing it modded which was around 4-5 months ago. Wow, that's not as long ago as I thought it was, time flys when you're haveing a blast with great sounding gear!

General Comments

I've been playing for almost 6 years now. If anything happened to this amp, I'd probably buy another and have him mod it again. I lover how versitle it is, I highly recommend Jerry for any mods you have. And just for clarity the $500 was for just all of the mods. I originally purchased the amp used.