jtremelo

epiphone Electric EFMB Mandobird IV

Bought this as a first, well you really can't call it a guitar, stringed instrument for my 5 year old. Size-wise it's much more appropriate for little kids than the ministrats etc out there. We tune it to an open D tuning and let him bash. It's not a toy, and the pickup is pleasantly clean, but at full volume can push the Vox Cambridge into something fun and crunchy. Sounds like what you'd expect from an inexpensive guitar. It's a soprano voicing of course.

It's holding up to a 5 year old's bashing just fine.

General Comments

This is a fun little instrument that saved me lots of money and time from building my kid a 1/2 size electric guitar. Perfect for tiny hands barring 4 strings. And it looks cool. The boy loves it. I'm a big person with very big hands and it is a very small instrument, but fun to dink around with. I've only been playing a couple of years, but love single coil guitars. I have an Epiphone Wildkat, homemade Danelectro Baritone copy, and a couple of acoustics. This instrument is much better for our kid than the Squire Ministrat, or the Greg Bennet 3/4 size electrics. It's a solid hunk wood and cute as a bug.