Anonymous Reviewer

Fender Strat Pak with Frontman 15G Electric Guitar

I play mostly grunge and nu-metal with a slight smattering of pumpkins and manson and this guitar handles it well. I use the 15 watt it came with and I use a Boss MT-2 (Metal Zone) and I get a pretty decent sound out of it. The amp tends to squeal a lot. The sound of it is deep for clean playing and so so for distorted. The amp is good for a first one and so is the guitar. I don't like the amp's distortion, hence my owning an MT-2.

I've played live before and it's not bad. I've had this guitar for almost two years and there's hardly a scratch on the thing. The finish seems all right as well. The bottom strap button stays on well but the top one is very loose. All in all this guitar is dependable. I don't know about using it without a backup, but I'd still use it.

General Comments

I've been playing for 2 years and I have a boss MT-2 pedal (Metal Zone) and am soon getting a Jackson DX-7. I have no regrets about this guitar. I love the price and the good things that do come from it like it is pretty durable. I hate that the two upper pickups sound really bad. They're good if you like that MIDI sounding crap. Compared to a Mexican Fender Strat it's inferior but it's good for paying about $160 for a brand new guitar. I wish they had made the pack with a double fat strat with a better amp but I'll settle with what I have now.