I use it as part of a bigger setup. Standing alone it doesn't work well. I play classic rock and blues. I use a Strat with a humbucker on the bridge mainly. I go through a Boss TU-2 tuner, a SD-1 overdrive, a BD-2 Blues Driver, a DS-1 Distortion and a GE-7 EQ. I run all this into an all original 1969 Deluxe Reverb. You can get some classic Fender sounds out of the RP-10 if you mess with it long enough. Overall it takes up half of my pedal box but it is worth it. The chorus and delay are pretty good but the distortion is BAD.

I've used it for four or five years of hard gigging and it hasn't let me down yet. I used to carry a RP-7 as backup but it stays it the studio now.

General Comments

I've been playing for 25 years and if I find something that works for me I don't like to change. I've tried other setups and always go back to the RP-10. Once I get the settings I like I pretty much stick with them unless we work up new material that requires new settings. I have 25 or 30 programs that I use regularly. The built in tuner is worse than useless. The ability to program the pedal for whatever effects you need is great. If I lost this one I would probably get another one just like it. It would really suck to start the programing all over though.