The sound of this guitar is quite amazing. I've owned it for 4 years now and it never ceases to amaze me. Unplugged it has a bright acoustic tone which is very acceptable for unplugged play. Plugged in the sound is lovely, full and rich. The "Groove"humbuckers wereGreco's second-from-the-top pickups of the time. They are not noisy at all but VERY powerful and toneful. I play a wide variety of music including 60's/70's classic rock, harder edged rock and some countrified ballads. It excels in all of these situations.

This was one of the high end Grecos built by their master craftsmen to last the distance. Still in 9.5/10 condition and an absolute joy to play in any situation. I have no doubts it will last many years to come.

General Comments

I've been playing guitar for well over 30 years and in the last few I have come to really appreciate the 80's Japanese guitars for their incredible build quality and performance. Remember the {censored} that America was turning out at the same time? These high end guitars were built by fanatical quality control Japanese MASTERS to the highest specifications possible. I love the fact that it cost a fraction of the cost of a "Name" guitar and kills them in fit, finish, reliability and playability. I've sold ALL my U.S guitars except for my Rickenbacker. I now have 9 Japanese copies and they all perform better than most of the others I've had. If you can find a mid to high end Japanese guitar from the 80's you should BUY IT. You won't regret it.