Zinky Superfly 120 Watt Head
Submitted: August 9th, 2004
by Anonymous Reviewer
Sweet. Beautiful reverb. Lot's of clean head-room. Smooth, powerful crunch when programmed (note that word) to do so. It does both ends of the spectrum well, as well as all points in between. I think it is a particularly effective piece for someone playing in a cover band (like me), who requires a certain amount of amplifier 'versatility', but also craves the 'warmth' of a tube amplifier.
There are a lot of electronics in this amp (midi interface, 58 LEDs, EEPROM and a CPU...) Generally, more complexity equates to more potential for trouble, in all things. I have had no problems in 3 days - since I got it (obviously not a sufficient trial period). I'm not going to give a numeric rating as I haven't had it long enough to judge. I will leave a follow-up review if something fails.
General Comments
I love that it has some of the best features of my Cyber Twin, along with some of the best of my Soldano SLO-100 - all in a single amp. I think I'll keep this forever (and be buried with it...like a Pharoah). Seriously, I don't foresee selling this one.